cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Dropbox Account, One PC, Multiple Users

One Dropbox Account, One PC, Multiple Users

JohnDeHope3
New member | Level 2

I have one dropbox account, and one PC, with multiple windows accounts. What I’d like to be able to do is have all the windows accounts logged into the same Dropbox account, and synch to the same hard drive location. Is that possible?

1 Reply 1

Re: One Dropbox Account, One PC, Multiple Users

Rich
Super User II

@JohnDeHope3 wrote:
I have one dropbox account, and one PC, with multiple windows accounts. What I’d like to be able to do is have all the windows accounts logged into the same Dropbox account, and synch to the same hard drive location. Is that possible?

It's possible, but it's not supported and can be very problematic, especially if you try to use certain features such as Selective Sync and Smart Sync. Also, each installation will appear as a separate device, of which you are only allowed three (if you have a Basic account).

The better solution is to have just one Windows account handle the syncing, but have the Dropbox folder in a location that's accessible to all the other accounts. You'll still be able to interact with the files, but you'll need to sign in occasionally with the one account with Dropbox installed so you can sync your files.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?