cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneDrive hijacks Dropbox response to prt sc

Highlighted

OneDrive hijacks Dropbox response to prt sc

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I think this fits under app issues, sorry if not.

I wanted to save as an image an important bit of info regarding a lost package, hit the prt sc button and OneDrive popped up with an aggressive box telling me to save screenshots with it.  I X'd out the box, tried again, it happened again.  So I hit the No Thanks button  and the box disappeared.  Now Dropbox won't respond to my hitting the prt sc button.

I checked in Settings but can't find an option to make Dropbox my default screenshot handler.  Any ideas how to fix this?  Thanks for reading.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: OneDrive hijacks Dropbox response to prt sc

Super User
Super User

Right click the Dropbox icon in your system tray and then check the Share screenshots using Dropbox box in Preferences.

If that doesn't work, try some of the solutions in this thread.

XhfUv6P

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User
Super User

Right click the Dropbox icon in your system tray and then check the Share screenshots using Dropbox box in Preferences.

If that doesn't work, try some of the solutions in this thread.

XhfUv6P

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you very much, !  My solution was to make sure nothing was ticked in OneDrive then exit and restart Dropbox.  Poof, got my important info archived.  Now I can move forward with that issue, and it's thanks to you!!!

Oh yes, I also unticked the option to start with Windows in OneDrive settings, so maybe this won't happen again.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?