cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Dropbox - synchronizing online and desktop

Online Dropbox - synchronizing online and desktop

SamanthaFinster
Explorer | Level 3

I've been using dropbox for almost a year and have never had any problems so far.  I work for a transcription company who uses dropbox.  But after a 2 week leave, I returned and can only access dropbox online via Dropbox.com but cannot retrieve files from there.  My desktop dropbox is continuously syncing files and cannot access the files I want from my dropbox.  How can I access from my desktop dropbox, or how can I retrieve files from Dropbox.com?  I have time-sensitive files to work on but cannot access them. Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Online Dropbox - synchronizing online and desktop

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there, in order to have a better understanding of your concern, could you please provide me with some further info? For example:

• Could you please clarify if you see your files through the website or if you're getting an error?
  • Could you also let me know if the desktop app is running by locating the Dropbox icon that should be next to your computer's clock? 
  • If it is running, could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal details) of what it shows when you hover over it?

Additionally, please note that each Dropbox account is associated with one email address. For this reason, please check that you're signed in to the relevant account by having a look at the email address connected. 

You can do this by navigating via the:

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

SamanthaFinster
Explorer | Level 3

By the way, I don't know how the name Samantha Finster got attached to my question.  This is my first time using the DroBox community.  If you do have an answer for my question, my name is Carol and will check back here for answers on how to retrieve files from DropBox.com or what would stop the continuous syncing on my desktop dropbox.  I am at a loss and really need some help.  Thank you!

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there, in order to have a better understanding of your concern, could you please provide me with some further info? For example:

• Could you please clarify if you see your files through the website or if you're getting an error?
  • Could you also let me know if the desktop app is running by locating the Dropbox icon that should be next to your computer's clock? 
  • If it is running, could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal details) of what it shows when you hover over it?

Additionally, please note that each Dropbox account is associated with one email address. For this reason, please check that you're signed in to the relevant account by having a look at the email address connected. 

You can do this by navigating via the:

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?