cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online file list without making my own app?

Online file list without making my own app?

AB35
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I'm backing up old HDs on my Dropbox for the future and I want to list all the files that are online without downloading them all using the desktop. Preferably with timestamps and sizes. I want to do this to verify that all my files were uploaded correctly, and to see how my space is being used. But this seems impossible?

Do I really need to write my own Python app for this? Someone must have encountered the problem before? No?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Re: Online file list without making my own app?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @AB35, thanks for contacting us!

Currently, there isn't a feature like what you're referring to in order to list the files online with metadata.

There may be some other apps or services that connect to Dropbox that might be able to provide this information for you. In this case, you may not need to create an app yourself using the Dropbox API.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Online file list without making my own app?

AB35
New member | Level 2

Okay. I've tried to search your appstore without any success. 

But I'll write my own Python hack.

It really is a very basic feature.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?