Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 'Camera Uploads' shows in W10 Explorer

WWolfe-01
Explorer | Level 3

I reinstalled W10 and now have installed DropBox again.  I have DB on an iPhone and an iPad.  After the install only the Camera Uploads' folder shows in Explorer.  I have unlinked and relinked the PC, disabled virus protection, uninstalled and reinstalled DB, exited and restarted DB all to no avail.  Whats next?

7 Replies 7

Re: Only 'Camera Uploads' shows in W10 Explorer

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @WWolfe-01, thanks for posting on the Community!

If you recently installed the Dropbox desktop application, then it can take time for the files to sync to your machine. Are you able to see the folders on the Dropbox site?

If so, and it’s not syncing, could you check that the folders are selected from the selective sync settings?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

WWolfe-01
Explorer | Level 3

The Selective Sync page showed all pages should be synced.  Decided to unlink my PC and repeat the linking process with virus protection disabled.  I found that even though my PC is unlinked, Dropbox still shows in Explorer with the Camera Uploads folder and I can open the Camera Uploads folder.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@WWolfe-01 that is the correct way the software should work - it doesnt delete things upon unlinking. 

Can you check www.dropbox.com/bad_files_check for me pls?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

@WWolfe-01, could you forward a screenshot showing the Dropbox folder as it appears in Explorer and how it appears on the Dropbox site? Thanks!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

WWolfe-01
Explorer | Level 3

DB-01-Capture.jpgDB-03-Capture.jpg

[Edited as per Community Guidelines]

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the images, could you forward a screenshot of the Dropbox desktop application when you click the icon once from the system tray?

Jay

WWolfe-01
Explorer | Level 3

DB-04-Capture.JPG

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?