cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open office files stored in dropbox in MS teams directly

Open office files stored in dropbox in MS teams directly

dragonhelp123
New member | Level 2

We are trying to open files from dropbox directly within microsoft teams, however when a (word, excel, ppt file) is selected within teams - instead of opening the document - a blank page occurs. Opening office documents directly in MS teams does work properly with one-drive from microsoft, however since we are a trusted user of dropbox, we would like to continue using dropbox together with Microsoft teams.Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 11.43.18.png

7 Replies 7

Re: Open office files stored in dropbox in MS teams directly

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @dragonhelp123,

As a first step, to ensure troubleshooting, could you please give the following a shot and let me know if they help?

• Try another browser.
  • Access the file(s) via an incognito window.
  • Clear the cache. 
  • Esnure that you're not running any browser extensions. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Yolanda B.
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I also have the same issue - we have a team member that has a Dropbox account but when she wants to open a file that is on Dropbox through Teams, she gets an error message that something went wrong and that she needs to sign in.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @Yolanda B. - thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Out of curiosity, are they accessing the content via their Business account? Is this a team folder or a shared folder?

If possible, could you also send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Yolanda B.
Explorer | Level 3

Not sure about the business account. I will confirm.

The original data is within a shared folder. This individual is not a team member.

Memo Style.jpg

Micheal_Autry
New member | Level 2

Thsi has happened to me as well.  What worked for me was to open MSFT Teams, Navigate to Files and sign out of Dropbox.  Then while still in Files, choose to Add Cloud Storage at the bottom left and sign back into Dropbox.  For me this solved my issues.  If that does not work for you, then you may have some file association issues on your system.  Would love to know if this works for you?

Yolanda B.
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, we are still battling. She is accessing Dropbox Business (our Dropbox) from her Personal Dropbox. The folder she is accessing is a Team Folder. 

Devices have windows 10 operating Microsoft 365 subscription. When I open the document, it only gives me the option for excel online or google docs and I think that may be the problem.

We are really battling, can you assist?@lusil

Lusil
Dropboxer

Sorry missing your posts, @Yolanda B.

Since you've checked out some initial troubleshooting - awesome work by the way! - and, from what I understand, you're on a team, could you please contact our Support team here, so that they can have a better look into this for you?

If you'd like, you can also let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) that gets created so that I can pass your comments along. 

Let me know how it goes, thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?