cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL error

OpenGL error

Annabel Lubikowski
New member | Level 2

I have Dropbox basic on a Windows 10 Home laptop.

Dropbox has started giving me the "Failed to create OpenGL contect for Qsurfaceformatv2" error at startup, and dropbox won't run at all.

I mhave already updated my graphics drivers, it's an onloard Intel chip

I have added the OpenGL software value to my environment variables

I have downloaded the OpenGL software emulator DLL files to my Dropbox executable folder

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of dropbox v106.4.368

Its still NOT working.

Unhelpfully, mot of the previous discussions on this topic say "lets continue this discussion by email" which is of no use to others with the same problem at all.

Help!

12 Replies 12

Re: OpenGL error

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Annabel Lubikowski, thanks for messaging today!

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. When you say you've reinstalled the app, assuming you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, did you do an advanced reinstall?

Have you done all Windows updates necessary for your machine?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Razvan
Helpful | Level 6

I experienced the same issue and none of the suggested solutions worked, but I managed to find a solution and wrote about it here:

https://razuit.com/dropbox-opengl/

Hope this helps,

Razvan

paul-files
New member | Level 2

Hello Razvan - would you able to describe how you patched the Qt5Core.dll file? 

Razvan
Helpful | Level 6

Hello @paul-files 

Sure, I analyzed the Qt5Core file to find out how software rendering is used and then wrote the patching tool that is linked in the article above, so that anyone can try it and see if it works for them.

Did you get the chance to give the patching tool a try?

4bcd3fg
New member | Level 2

Hi @Razvan

I get an error when trying to run your tool, it says that the file is corrupted and unreadable. Can you look into it please because this is driving me mad.

Razvan
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you for letting me know, @4bcd3fg 

I fixed the download link so download should be working again now.

Razvan
Helpful | Level 6

Hello everyone! Just wanted to update this thread and let you know that a new version of the tool that I wrote to fix the OpenGL issue is now available.

cudeca
New member | Level 2

I am having the same problem on a new computer. Did you get the problem resolved?

4bcd3fg
New member | Level 2
Use Razvan's tool, it worked for me
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cudeca New member | Level 2
    halle1 Explorer | Level 4
    Jake B.3 New member | Level 2
    4bcd3fg New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?