cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening files from the Dropbox icon

Opening files from the Dropbox icon

Wu-Bacca
New member | Level 2

Currently when I click the Dropbox icon on my menu bar, it opens up one of two tabs - either my Notifications or my Recent Files (whatever I clicked last). What I'd like my Dropbox to do, upon clicking the icon, is open the folder that contains all my Dropbox files and subfolders. This is what used to be the default setting and for some reason it's now a two-click process. Does anyone know how to change that?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Opening files from the Dropbox icon

Ross_S
Dropboxer

Hey @Wu-Bacca , I've owned Support for the Desktop Client for a good few years now, it's never done that in my time. I'm afraid this can't be changed.

Sorry if this doesn't fit your needs.

View solution in original post

Rich
Super User II

Wu-Bacca wrote:

This is what used to be the default setting and for some reason it's now a two-click process.

It has always been a double-click to open the folder. A single-click (or right-click) has always opened the menu.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ross_S
Dropboxer

Hey @Wu-Bacca , I've owned Support for the Desktop Client for a good few years now, it's never done that in my time. I'm afraid this can't be changed.

Sorry if this doesn't fit your needs.

Rich
Super User II

Wu-Bacca wrote:

This is what used to be the default setting and for some reason it's now a two-click process.

It has always been a double-click to open the folder. A single-click (or right-click) has always opened the menu.

Wu-Bacca
New member | Level 2

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback, Ross!  

Wu-Bacca
New member | Level 2
Thanks, Rich!

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey , glad to hear this was clarified!

If it's not too much trouble for you, would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :slight_smile:

[This thread is now closed. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    Wu-Bacca New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Ross_S Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?