cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening from Dropbox not working in Android 10

Opening from Dropbox not working in Android 10

Thaqer
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I have a Xiaomi redmi note 9s and Dropbox is not showing up as a content provider when selecting files. Google drive and OneDrive are working fine, it is not app related either. Dropbox just doesn't exist to the android system.

I use dropbox as my working area and would be a pain to move everything to google drive now, anyone know what could be the issue?

Thank you!

7 Replies 7

Re: Opening from dropbox not working in Android 10

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @Thaqer, I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you. 

Just to make sure we're on the same page though, could you clarify if you're having trouble installing the Dropbox mobile app on your Android? 

Is it not appearing in your Google Play store by any chance? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Thaqer
New member | Level 2

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Yes, dropbox installed without a problem i was able to sign in and see my files, no issue on that part. Offline sync is working too. It shows up as a share option as well.

But when i want to open a dropbox file from any app on my phone, it shows me this screen:

How it shows up on my phoneHow it shows up on my phoneDropbox usually show up hereDropbox usually show up here

As you can see, even thought it is installed it doesn't show up as an option like it used to. So i can't open any Dropbox file from outside apps unless unless i mark that file as offline synced and go down the Android/data/ folder.

Jay
Dropboxer

Could you clarify where the second screenshot if from, is it from another device you own? It is a current screenshot, or an older one?

I'm asking because, it shows an old icon for Dropbox which hasn't been used in over a year. Is that device running an older version of Android?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

yugen
Explorer | Level 3

I'm having the exact problem though it was just working a few days ago. I received a "Cannot load the content at the moment" when using it as usual and suddenly it disappeared right before my eyes. I've been trying all that I can to get it back, clearing data and reinstalling and trying the beta. I believe the default Android10 "files" is having a problem showing it after encountering an error...

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for joining the topic @yugen!

Could you send along a screenshot of the error that you're getting there?

Also, which version of the Dropbox app do you have installed at the moment? Are there any pending updates?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Entasis
Explorer | Level 3
My new Android 10 tablet doesn't give me Dropbox in the Play Store. Not available to install. Is there a solution please?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi there @Entasis; thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear about this.

If you can't find our mobile app in your device's Play Store, you can email yourself a link to get it. 

Just navigate on this page from your preferred web browser and click on the relevant option.

Let me know if this helped!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Entasis Explorer | Level 3
    Daphne Dropboxer
    yugen Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?