cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Os X 10.13 High Sierra & Smart Sync

Os X 10.13 High Sierra & Smart Sync

duanstokes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

There's a lot of posts about possible issues with OS X High Sierra and Smart Sync. 

We use dropbox a lot and have only recently enabled Smart Sync for all users in the team. Can someone from Dropbox confirm what the status of Smart Sync with 10.13 is, we can't upgrade our system software unless Dropbox will work... 

Cheers

Duan

69 Replies 69

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Brian B.39, sorry to hear about the frustration caused, I’d like to follow-up on your request & assist you in any way I can. 

Is there a ticket ID to reference? Please let me know your ticket# here , so as to look it up internally & make sure to put your request to the attention of a colleague as soon as possible. Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

monaronyc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

ALL OF OUR HIGH SIERRA FOLKS ARE SEEING THE SAME PROBLEM! Did anyone find a fix for this? We currently have Dropbox 40.4.46 in High Sierra 10.13.1. PLEASE ADVISE.

Brian B.39
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Thank you Jane, it is ticket #7316964

Brian B.39
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I have also opened an issue with Apple on this. I had considered simply opening a terminal and running the command to force add Dropbox to the Gatekeeper exception list, however I was cautioned against this by Apple support: 

spctl --add ~/Applications/Dropbox.app

While I was chatting with Apple support, they told me that running that command could have "unintended consequesnces" 

Apple Support through Chat Excerpt:

"The terminal codes might o cause a denial of service for background apps which run on your Mac. In order to serve you better would it be fine if I schedule you call back from our Mac enterprise team so they could help you for more advance troubleshooting regarding this issue?"

I have a call scheduled with them later today and will update this post with any new information.

Brian B.39
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Apple recommended something I should have thought of... Safe mode.

I first disabled Gatekeeper using the following command in terminal (unclear if this would be required):

sudo spctl --master-disable

I then rebooted the Mac into safe mode and opened the Security panel in System Preferences and clicked the Allow button.

The Blocked message cleared from the Security Panel and Smart Sync was active and operating normally when I rebooted.

Issue seems resolved.

monaronyc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi Brian, thanks for the response! I think Gatekeeper is already disabled for us by default. I'd have to reconfirm. otherwise I'll try that string.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Perfect, so glad to hear that this was sorted Brian B.39 & I appreciate your follow-up here! I’m sure it will be of great assistance to other users experiencing the same behavior in the future, as it can be used as a point of reference.  

Happy syncing & a lovely rest of the day ahead; of course, let us know if you have any inquiries in the future & we’ll do the best to follow-up & work with you. Happy Friday! :relieved:

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

John W.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm sorry Jane - it doesn't seem like a good solution to this issue to have to boot into Safe Mode in order to install this.

Does support have a better method now?  Is there a beta with a fix for this we could try?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Hi John,

Note that this was Apple's reply to fix an issue with OSx (i.e. Gatekeeper).

You can always try installing newer versions but if you are getting install errors as per this thread I'd suggest doing what Apple themselves recommend.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

monaronyc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Just wanted to share that with the High Sierra 10.13.2 update and the 40.4.46 Dropbox client update, we are not seeing the same behavior @Brian B.39 is also seeing anymore. I'm going to do a clean install on another machine to verify, but on our test box, it appears to be working now. I'll be in touch.

Need more support?