cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PANICKING, PLEASE HELP ME!

PANICKING, PLEASE HELP ME!

Cherubim86
Explorer | Level 3

PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!  I am an older user who just returned to school after a long time away and I downloaded the basic Dropbox as part of a class assignment to learn to use the cloud for storage. I guess I just don't know enough and I did something wrong--I unlinked my computer after reading a forum post because I just wanted to get it off of my computer, and now I cannot access my files on my computer! They are online, but I don't know how to re-link my PC, and then I need to get dropbox off my computer. I am so sorry that I messed it up, but I am panicking because I need those files.  PLEASE CAN SOMEONE CONTACT ME???  I THINK I NEED STEP BY STEP HELP JUST FOR A MINUTE OR TWO!

1 Reply 1

Re: PANICKING, PLEASE HELP ME!

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Cherubim86; welcome to our Community and happy Friday!

When you say you can't access your files on your computer, can you please elaborate on what happens exactly? Are you getting an error for example?

As for re-linking a device to your account, you can have a look at the relevant documentation for step by step instructions. 

Let me know how you get on.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?