cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PC backup on multiple computers

PC backup on multiple computers

Chris7744
New member | Level 2

Hi, I just started using the PC backup feature and I was wondering if its possible to set that up on multiple computers. What happens if I do, as in, how will Dropbox distinguish one PC from another? Right now I only have my laptop set up for backup and the folder is only labeled "PC" within Dropbox. How would I know what files are from my laptop and which ones are from the desktop that I want to setup?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@Chris7744 wrote:

I just started using the PC backup feature and I was wondering if its possible to set that up on multiple computers. What happens if I do, as in, how will Dropbox distinguish one PC from another?

The Computer Backup feature will create a separate folder for each PC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Chris7744 wrote:

I just started using the PC backup feature and I was wondering if its possible to set that up on multiple computers. What happens if I do, as in, how will Dropbox distinguish one PC from another?

The Computer Backup feature will create a separate folder for each PC.

View solution in original post

Chris7744
New member | Level 2
OK, thank you
Need more support?