cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PDF files in drop box

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I cannot open or preview .pdf files in Dropbox on my iPad despite having downloaded acrobat reader. Do I need to set a default in drop box or reader to view .pdf files in Dropbox?

Thanks for any input. 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: PDF files in drop box

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@Sjfodor), sorry to hear about the issue you're facing; let’s have a look into the possible causes together! 

For starters, I’d appreciate it if you could let me know of a bit more info in regards to the issue , so as to try & re-create the same behavior on my end:

Spoiler
  • AS an initial point of reference, can you let me know whether you’re having any pending OS updates? Also, are you running the latest version of our app (124.2)? 
  • Are you having an issue previewing any .pdf file, or is this issue only occurring for specific files? If this is happening to a specific file, would you mind sharing a link to the file so we can investigate this further (if you’re comfortable sharing of course)?
  • What is the size of the file(s) that's failing to load on your end?
Once I have this info, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more detail. Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting on the matter & I’ll be awaiting your next message on this discussion. Until we talk again, I’m wishing you a wonderful week ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?