cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts of File Cut Off When I Share on Zoom w/ iPhone

Parts of File Cut Off When I Share on Zoom w/ iPhone

jreed08124
Helpful | Level 5

On my Zoom calls on the iPhone app, I want to use Dropbox to share some PDF files with others, but parts of the file are cut off/not visible. It happens around the page margins. I can scroll just fine but I can't zoom out to see the whole page. And the other users on the call see what I see. A file with parts cut off. How do I fix?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Parts of File Cut Off When I Share on Zoom w/ iPhone

jreed08124
Helpful | Level 5
Strangely enough, I saw a similar issue when viewing a pdf in my Dropbox on my Android phone but it resolved when I opened a different file and then went back. Plus, my friend that had the original issue experienced it again but I was told it resolved to the correct view later in her zoom call. Seems like a weird glitch but I suppose it's fixed for now.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @jreed08124; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

Can you please let me know the version of our mobile app, the zoom app's version as well and the exact build of your iOS?

If it's not too much to ask, can you send us a screenshot of how it looks like so we can have a visual as well?

While we're at it, does this happen for one specific PDF file, some or all?

Let me know what you find! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jreed08124
Helpful | Level 5

@Walter ,

I was able to get the version numbers for the phone where I saw the original issue (it's actually for a friend's phone I'm trying to help w/ using Zoom).

Dropbox - 196.2.2

Zoom - 5.1.2 (28642.0705)

iOS Software Version - 13.3.1 (iPhone SE)

IMG_0395.PNG

The screenshot from Zoom is from a different iPhone I have access to now, however. I was able to replicate the same issue though. Can zoom in, scroll, and pan to see more on right but not able to do that to see full left edge of the file. Also view in App doesn't work although have Dropbox app on phone. This is result when selecting view in browser.

I believe the issue occurred with several files. I did double check in the Dropbox app that I could view it correctly there. So the issue is just sharing over Zoom.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @jreed08124, thanks for the additional info.

If you're not having the same issue with previewing the file directly from the website, then it may indeed just be an issue with the way Zoom is showing this preview.

Since the file previews are generated correctly through Dropbox, I'd suggest maybe reaching out to Zoom to see if they can assist further with this as they'd have a much better insight as to how the preview off the file is shown when sharing.

Sorry that I can't really be of much more help with this, but please do get back to me here if you have any questions or updates.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jreed08124
Helpful | Level 5
Strangely enough, I saw a similar issue when viewing a pdf in my Dropbox on my Android phone but it resolved when I opened a different file and then went back. Plus, my friend that had the original issue experienced it again but I was told it resolved to the correct view later in her zoom call. Seems like a weird glitch but I suppose it's fixed for now.

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that it appears to be resolved now @jreed08124!

If the issue crops up again, please feel free to get back to me here.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    jreed08124 Helpful | Level 5
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?