cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passcode not working on an iPhone.

Passcode not working on an iPhone.

LoieJG
Helpful | Level 5

I have had a paid Dropbox account for at least 3.5 years.  I have always had to enter a pin to use it on my Win10 phone.  Recently, Dropbox kept crashing on the phone, so I uninstalled it, reinstalled it. So far so good, but there is no longer a pin sign in page when I go to Dropbox.  I can find nothing in the settings and my account area for this on the phone, and not on the computer either.  Has this feature gone away with the newest version of Dropbox?  How do we have security on our Dropbox without a sign in page?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sign in Pin is gone

LoieJG
Helpful | Level 5
THIS TIME the passcode toggle did work and I was able to set the passcode A-ok. I had contacted Support and the issue was sent to their tech people, so maybe they changed something. Previously i had tried at least a dozen times, reading the suggestions, etc. Only to have the app crash went I set the toggle. So now: All Good.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Have you followed https://www.dropbox.com/help/mobile/passcode-phone-tablet ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

LoieJG
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, on the Win10 phone Dropbox I went to settings and then security then I turned on the passcode lock.  This crashes the app.  I did this several times before asking the question and twice after getting your answer.  Thanks for trying.

On the computer/web Dropbox, the only thing I can see is the three dots and that brings me to a place to get the app, but not the app for my phone.

Mark
Super User II
The website has never had a PIN code option on it, only the mobile and tablet apps.

So the actual issue is that there IS a PIN code option on your phone, but, you cannot then set a code as the app crashes?

If a reinstall has not worked all I can suggest is logging a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help. You can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

LoieJG
Helpful | Level 5
I did another uninstall/install. The pass code toggle still crashes the app. I sent an email to support. I hope this can be fixed b/c I switched to Dropbox specifically because of the security.

LoieJG
Helpful | Level 5
THIS TIME the passcode toggle did work and I was able to set the passcode A-ok. I had contacted Support and the issue was sent to their tech people, so maybe they changed something. Previously i had tried at least a dozen times, reading the suggestions, etc. Only to have the app crash went I set the toggle. So now: All Good.

View solution in original post

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

LoieJG Helpful | Level 5
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?