cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password app - can't authorize Mac

Password app - can't authorize Mac

sabrinams
New member | Level 2

Trying to install the password app on my MacBook Pro. I already successfully installed it on my iPhone. 

The install on the laptop seemed to have worked fine, but somehow I can't authorize the laptop as an additional device. It finds my correct account, and I get a pop up message on the phone to authorize the laptop, but then on the laptop nothing happens. It is stuck on "waiting for permission to connect". If I try to use the words instead, I put all of them in, click continue, and it just goers back to the screen where I can choose to use the words. Tried rebooting, reinstalling the app, no idea what else to try.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Re: Password app - can't authorize Mac

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @sabrinams; welcome to the Community and thanks for using Dropbox Passwords!

Can you please clarify your device's OS and let me know if any of the information in this Help Center article helps?

If the issue persists, please let me know and I'll reach out via email to look further into this.

Thanks so much, Sabrina!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jasonhirsh
Explorer | Level 4

i have same problem with my ipad pro running ios 14.5.1

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @jasonhirsh, thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear about this.

Can you please try updating your device's OS to the latest version and try installing our passwords app anew?

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jasonhirsh
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks   I gave up...   dropbox password is just a bit too buggy for my aged mind

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jasonhirsh Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?