cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password manager - share with spouse?

Password manager - share with spouse?

Michael_Glapa
Explorer | Level 3

I am interested to learn the best practice for avoiding the situation where my spouse and I have a joint bank account.  When the bank requires that the password be updated, one of us will complete the update process.  Later, the other spouse attempts to login with their Dropbox password app, and it fills the older (now invalid) password.  Is their a technique where I can use the dropbox password manager to keep our passwords synchronized and up to date?

4 Replies 4

Re: Password manager - share with spouse?

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @Michael_Glapa, welcome to our Community! 

Which platform do you use for Dropbox Passwords

Also, when you update the bank information, do you do that from the same device you're using Passwords on? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Michael_Glapa
Explorer | Level 3

By platform, I think you mean Apple?  My wife and I are both using iPhones along with her MacBook and my iMac desktop system.  I can look up the exact OS versions if you need. We update regularly, so they are usually running the current version.  I also use an iPad.

thank you,

Mike 

Michael_Glapa
Explorer | Level 3

And also, updating the password at the bank happens from any of the devices, whichever one we’re using at the time.  This isn’t a problem I’m encountering with one bank.  It’s an ongoing problem with many sites and systems where we both need to access the same vendor sites where we are using the same login name.  

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Michael_Glapa, there isn't a direct method to update the password on another Dropbox Passwords account, aside from doing it manually. 

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future! 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Michael_Glapa Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?