cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passwords app not working on iPhone or iPad

Passwords app not working on iPhone or iPad

Terry P.
Collaborator | Level 10

I installed the Passwords app on my Win 10 PC and it's working as it should: automatically entering my details when I login to one of my many web accounts. But I also installed it on both my iPhone and iPad and it does not work on either. The app opens, and lists all entries - but no autofill occurs despite being set.

No explanation yet from Support.

Are others here successfully using it on iPhone and/or iPad please?

Terry

3 Replies 3

Passwords app report on 'data leaks'

Terry P.
Collaborator | Level 10

The Security section of  the Passwords app tells me that out of my several hundred web accounts 12 have been the subject of a 'data leak'. No other details, so some could be at least a decade old, but...

An alternative tool, Have I Been Pawned, looks for 'breaches' of my email address and reports just one (not in the Dropbox dozen).

It's clearly not a direct comparison because that tool searches just one email address (I used my main current ID), not all the web sites in which I've ever registered an account. But I'd be interested to hear from others with the Dropbox Passwords app whether its analysis of 'data leaks' has proved accurate and useful, e.g in prompting password changes please?

Terry

Re: Passwords app not working on iPhone or iPad

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Terry P., thanks for messaging today!

I've merged your other post here, as it appears you have created two separate tickets under your existing Dropbox account with the support team for these queries.

They would be better placed to investigate this matter on their end to provide you with appropriate responses.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Passwords app not working on iPhone or iPad

scojoe
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem, and the two replies didn't really solve it.  Passwords get synced to iOS from other connected devices, and they pull in to websites on my iPhone, but not into apps...  Why? 

For example, I can see the updated password for, say, gogoair.com, on all connected devices. I can open a browser on my iPhone and gogoair.com finds the updated password in Dropbox Passwords. The gogo iPhone app itself does not.  Confusingly, the sees only the initial password that I uploaded to Dropbox Passwords on my PC from my Chrome password vault, but no password updates since.  ???  Maddening.

Help?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

scojoe New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropboxer
    Terry P. Collaborator | Level 10
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?