cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause sync and resume sync have disappeared!

Pause sync and resume sync have disappeared!

DL8
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

In the past, there was always the ability to pause sync so that I could upload a backup from an existing file. Now there is a new version of Dropbox (99.3.488). The pause sync and resume sync capabilities have vanished! Anyone with any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Julian S.7
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

it's not gone. but it's stupidly hidden now. On Mac, if you click on the Dropbox icon in the menu bar, and then click on the blue spinning wheel at the bottom of the menu, you get the option to pause syncing for 30 minutes, an hour or until tomorrow. I looked everywhere and thought as well that this was gone. It's just placed weirdly. 

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @DL8, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this!

You're currently using a beta version of the desktop app, denoted by xx.3.xxx. I'd suggest downgrading to the latest stable version to see if that does the trick for you.

To do this, please toggle off the "Early releases" option in your account settings and then download and install the latest stable version from this page.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Raimoraimo
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Here on v105.4.651 Mac, pause sync is also missing, "Early releases" is off. A massive downgrade, please fix this.

Sergio
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same here. v105.4.651 Mac, "Pause sync" is also missing, "Early releases" is not available. I'd appreciate it if this can be fixed soon as it's been already over 1 week. Thank you.

Howard H.6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Windows user here, on latest version of app, NOT beta. Pause/Resume Sync is also missing -- REALLY need this functionality restored ASAP, please! 

Julian S.7
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

it's not gone. but it's stupidly hidden now. On Mac, if you click on the Dropbox icon in the menu bar, and then click on the blue spinning wheel at the bottom of the menu, you get the option to pause syncing for 30 minutes, an hour or until tomorrow. I looked everywhere and thought as well that this was gone. It's just placed weirdly. 

Sergio
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Oh, yes, you're right. Thank you! The "Up to date" green click or blue spinning wheel is now clickable without giving any clue or hint that it's clickable. I wonder why the support staff didn't point this out earlier. Thank you again!

Agile1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you, I was getting irritated looking for this. Dropbox keeps changing over the last year and I've hated every bit of it lol

Igor_Oleynikov
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Well, I can pause syncing but only options are 30 minutes, 1 hour and until tomorrow. Why I cant pause forever?

Emilia-personal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Sergio wrote:

Oh, yes, you're right. Thank you! The "Up to date" green click or blue spinning wheel is now clickable without giving any clue or hint that it's clickable. I wonder why the support staff didn't point this out earlier. Thank you again!

Thank you for figuring this out!

Super irritating. Not only does it give no indication that this is where the option has gone---it also only works if you hover over a small part of the bottom bar (Windows Dropbox version 108.4.453). And not having the option to simply turn off syncing is also a major downgrade. What is with apps and paternalistic downgrades like these?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TDP New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    MichelleMS New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?