cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paused mp3 starts playing randomly on iPhone

Paused mp3 starts playing randomly on iPhone

Matt B.59
Explorer | Level 3

Hello

I have used the app on a number of iPhones and have updated versions of operating system and app.
I store mp3 in the dropbox and use the app to listen, audio books and music.
I hit pause in the app.

Later when I do something like switch the phone on or plug something in or am doing something where the Dopbox app is not even on the screen the file starts playing.
It can be annoying because maybe somebody was sleeping in the room, or maybe I don't notice it and it runs the battery and I lose my place in the book.
It was like this on my last iPhone 6 last year and the same thing is happening on new iPhone X and is now consistent enough as to cause me to drop you a line.
Maybe we could promote this to 'known issues' as it is clear that something else can trigger that 'release pause' function.

🙂

( compare with https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/ipad-started-playing-dropbox-audio-file... )

6 Replies 6

Re: Paused mp3 starts playing randomly on iPhone

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi Matt, we’ve not experienced this issue here. Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it to see if that makes a difference?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Markus85
New member | Level 2
This is happening to me too just this past week. Even when the app has been closed and i’m in airplane mode, Dropbox opens itself and randomly starts playing the last audio file I had open- four or five times a day, quite the fright at 6:15am this morning...

Matt B.59
Explorer | Level 3

I deleted and reinstalled and have not had the same problem.
I notice it was when something else was attached to the phone like a car stereo or headphones though the headphone jack with control potential, e.g. my iphone headphones have a button on them, maybe it can act as a play button and sometimes it is plugging that jack into the phone that triggers it playing.

Jay
Dropboxer
It could be detecting phantom responses from a bluetooth remote, car stereo controls, or even potential hardware issues (i.e. having the earphones half plugged into the phone).

I’m glad to hear that reinstalling worked for you Matt.

@Markus85, try uninstalling and reinstalling and let me know how it goes.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Markus85
New member | Level 2
Just gave reinstalling a go- will see how it goes - thanks for the responses!

Jay
Dropboxer

Keep me posted!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Markus85 New member | Level 2
    Matt B.59 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?