cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing and syncing both appear stalled

Pausing and syncing both appear stalled

Pangrati
New member | Level 2

At the bottom of the dropdown window from the Dropbox icon the word 'Pausing...' appears with the rotating blue icon. How do I unpause and restart syncing? The syncing has not been working for two weeks, so I tried to change something, clicked pause, and now pause seems stalled just as syncing was.

Background: This is happening on an older MacBook Air (MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4) that I had to return to while my newer MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina 10.15.7) was being serviced (for two weeks). During that time I have been saving work to Dropbox on the older computer, Dropbox has not been updating/syncing to Dropbox on my newer computer, now returned from repair.

2 Replies 2

Re: Pausing and syncing both appear stalled

KrushVanzara
New member | Level 2

I am having the same syncing issue on my MacBook. I am unable to upload or download files, the blue icon stays there forever. Another downside of using dropbox is that they do not provide chat support on weekends, which is messed up. How do we resolve the issue?

Re: Pausing and syncing both appear stalled

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @Pangrati & @KrushVanzara; thanks for joining our Community!

If you're seeing this, could you reboot your computer and let us know if syncing gets stuck again?

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?