cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently hide welcome nag screen?

Permanently hide welcome nag screen?

BooBooMcGraw
Explorer | Level 4

Is there any way to remove or permanently hide the icon and nag screen on the right of pages that says "Welcome to Dropbox Basic"? I suppose that you could go through all the steps but I don't want to download a Windows App and I already have a mobile iPhone App. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Re: Permanently hide welcome nag screen?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @BooBooMcGraw, thanks for reaching out to us!

I'd be more than happy to help, but just to make sure we're on the same page, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you're seeing?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

BooBooMcGraw
Explorer | Level 4

2020-02-18_22-29-25.png Hi -- here is the slide-out. An icon with a red dot in the middle of the right of the screen appears first, followed by a black partial slide-out and then this image. Its just a pain to have to keep dealing with it.

Thanks for your help! 

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshot, @BooBooMcGraw - definitely gives a better understanding of what you're seeing!

You are right, to permanently remove the prompt to the "Welcome to Dropbox Basics" you'd have to complete all four steps. 

I understand that this isn't an ideal scenario, but thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

If you have any other questions or there's anything that I can help with, just give me a shout. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

How can I turn off the tutorial on the website?

Nymoon
New member | Level 2

I -only- use dropbox for work, and do not want to download the app on my cell or computer as my computer is also for personal use and I do not want it taking up space. However, one of the things I do frequently is move files around in dropbox, and the "move" multiple files option (and the make new folder option, etc) is right next to this ANNOYING checkmark with a red dot seemingly requiring me to download the app. Anyone know how to stop this tutorial-esque mark from appearing and interrupting my workflow?

TIA.

image.png           image.png

Re: How can I turn off the tutorial on the website?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @Nymoon, thanks for checking in with us. I moved your post to this thread, where another user was describing the same behavior. 

As mentioned in my previous post here, to permanently/completely remove the prompt to the "Welcome to Dropbox Basics" you'd have to complete all four steps. 

I understand however how important this is for you, and thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback on this.

If you have any other questions in the future, just give us another nudge. Thank you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?