cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal account, limit and redirect under Linux

Personal account, limit and redirect under Linux

ElSid1
Explorer | Level 3

My gripes/concerns/questions

1. Low basic storage. OneDrive starts at 5 GB - I've had my personal account for many years, I know there are ways to "up" the storage, but even OneDrive starts at 5 GB... I've started using OneBox again due to a Linux migration and for e-mail attachments (looking into WeTransfer to help) of videos and files with family.
  2. Limit of 3 devices for older accounts - Linux migration has got me over the top on # of devices. Dual boot desktop, laptop (will be dual booting), tablet, phone ... In todays connected world, easy to surpass 3 devices.
  3. Linux - On my laptop, is there a way to re-link the folder back to my NTFS "DATA" subfolder? On Windows, Drop box runs on "C" drive and I moved the data to the "D" drive. In Linux, the option to change the folder location does NOT show "/Dev/sda5" as an option . Do I need to "share" the folder through Samba?

Is there a way

With that said, the 3 device limit has been an issue that I'm working around, especially with my dual boot machines ...

I know have 2 computers, dual boot, and a cell phone. the

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Personal account, limit and redirect under Linux

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @ElSid1, thanks for reaching out to us and for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the device limits.

You can also have a look at this thread, where other users have expressed their interest in having more space for personal plans. 

Finally, the Dropbox folder needs to be on a Linux hard drive or partition formatted with one the following file system types mentioned here

Is the location you have the Dropbox folder right now supported?

Keep us posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @ElSid1, thanks for reaching out to us and for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the device limits.

You can also have a look at this thread, where other users have expressed their interest in having more space for personal plans. 

Finally, the Dropbox folder needs to be on a Linux hard drive or partition formatted with one the following file system types mentioned here

Is the location you have the Dropbox folder right now supported?

Keep us posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

ElSid1
Explorer | Level 3

Nope, NTFS. Since Linux sees it, that is how I've set up my "DATA" drive. Linux is on EXT4

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?