cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos Tab in iOS app deprecated

Photos Tab in iOS app deprecated

M S.1
Collaborator | Level 9

So today I discovered my recently-uploaded photos were not being seen on the photos tab of the iOS app on my phone.  I contacted dropbox.  The chat rep said that feature is now deprecated but "don't worry! your photos are still safe!". WTH?!

So they killed Carousel, promised gallery integration into the app.  That never really happened.  Now the gallery is dead.  Killed.  Why do they want to make sharing or searching photos harder for everyone?

I can no longer select multiple photos or videos and copy a link to share.  I'm left with "copy", "move", "export".  'F' ing useless. 

I don't see this company lasting much longer.  I use it for my business but at this point, they (Dropbox) are expendable. 

So the question I pose is....   Why the hell does Dropbox hate photos?  Someone in the upper ranks there must have a beef with photos and videos as I don't see how ANY of these decisions makes your product any better.

3 Replies 3

Re: Photos Tab in iOS app deprecated

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @M S.1, thanks for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear about the frustration this experience has caused. 

At first, I wanted to clarify that, although the Photos page did change, this was for the website. The Photos tab on your iOS's mobile app is still available. 

If you can't find some of your uploaded images on your Dropbox mobile app's Photos tab, could it be that they are less than 15 KB or in a .png format?

You can also check some additional info as to why your photos may not be appearing on the mobile app here

I was also able to find the ticket where you discussed this with a member of the team and have gotten back to you via email, in case you'd like to have a better look into this again. 

As for the ability to copy a shared link for multiple files at once, could you please clarify the steps that you previously followed?

Keep me posted - Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

M S.1
Collaborator | Level 9

Thanks for the response.  I told the support person I was using the mobile app but I hope this is just a problem with the update.  I will respond to your email.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks, @M S.1. Looking forward to hearing back from you! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?