cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos blurry when exporting from dropbox to my iPhone

Photos blurry when exporting from dropbox to my iPhone

Khaleel111
Explorer | Level 3

Usually I export any photos to my iPhone & I get the full resolution photo. Its been 3 days and any photo I export it becomes blurry for unknown reason.

10 Replies 10

Re: Photos blurry when exporting from dropbox to my iPhone

Daphne
Dropboxer

I hope you're well today @Khaleel111, let's see what we can do!

Can you try clearing the app's cache and try exporting a photo again, to see if it's the same? If you're not familiar, you can do this by:

1. Open the Dropbox app.
2. Tap the "Account" tab.
3. Tap the gear icon in the top left corner.
4. Choose the option "Clear cache".

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Khaleel111
Explorer | Level 3
Greeting Daphne,

Thanks for your reply, I tried to clear the cache but still same issue. The strange thing is, when its downloaded, it is blurry but when I go to Camera roll & cluck on Edit photo, it come to its original clarity. The I click done it goes back to blurry.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Khaleel111 ; sorry to jump in here, but could you try offlining the files before trying to export them?

Maybe that'll do the trick! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Debsta
Explorer | Level 3

This is happening to my photos as well. Clear cache didnt work was there any solution to this?

Blurry Photos

Debsta
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there, my photos in Drop box both on my phone app and my computer are now showing up as blurry? Can someone please help?

I have tried exporting the photo to my phone it is still blurry and another forum advised me to clear cache in the account section that has not worked nor does downloading the photo. The photos were not blurry when I uploaded them. Please help

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @Debsta; thanks for joining our discussion here and sorry to hear about this.

Can you please send us a screenshot of what you see so that we can have a visual as well?

While we're at it, can you log into your account through a web browser and let me know if you're able to preview those files normally there or if they're blurry there as well? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Debsta
Explorer | Level 3

Hi please find attached a screenshot of the blurry verion in dropbox vs the original photo. 

The photos when downloaded through dropbox on my laptop are also blurry as well as on my phone and on or offline.Blurry Version.jpgOriginal Photo.jpg

Daphne
Dropboxer
Can you let me know how you originally uploaded the photo to Dropbox, @Debsta? Did you use the automatic camera uploads feature?

If you try uploading the original photo again manually using the "+" button within the Dropbox app on your mobile, do you have the same issue?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Debsta
Explorer | Level 3
This issue has happened to many of my photos.
Photos uploaded from my laptop mainly however this wasn’t an issue previously with downloading all my photos stored in Dropbox.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Debsta Explorer | Level 3
    Daphne Dropboxer
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?