cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos by the thousands/day

Photos by the thousands/day

DropsyBoxy
New member | Level 2

I want to use Drop Box to store pictures while in transit, in files or as single images, from my iphone, and then transfer to an external HD via my Mac desktop in files and remove the files and pix from the dropbox and iphone and ipad devices.

Instead I am being told there is some kind of existential conflict with iCloud that I have to disable in iCloud system preferences which I have yet to find access to.

Second question: Will Dropbox remove files or pictures from attached external hard drives (unless these are renamed)?

What is going on?

1 Reply 1

Re: Photos by the thousands/day

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello @DropsyBoxy, I hope you're having a good day!

If you're using the iCloud option to optimize the storage on your device, Lusil has a great explanation here on how this works with camera uploads, if you'd like to check that out.

For the external drive, would you be copying/moving over the files from the Dropbox folder on your computer?

The desktop app can't take actions on any files that it's not syncing, so anything outside the Dropbox folder really.

So, if you move or copy files from the Dropbox folder to another drive, it won't cause any files from there to be deleted.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?