cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures not auto-uploading while using mobile roaming data (Android app)

Pictures not auto-uploading while using mobile roaming data (Android app)

Joe M.50
New member | Level 1

I run the Android app on a mobile with the Three UK network. This means I am able to use generous free data allowances in most of the EU and the USA (25GB a month). http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

As a result, I would expect my phone to upload photos using the mobile data network as I do in the UK. The app seems to prevent upload while roaming. I can understand why this should be prevented by default, but for those of us on generous networks, surely there should be an override to allow us to do this?

6 Replies 6

Re: Pictures not auto-uploading while using mobile roaming data (Android app)

Joe M.50
New member | Level 1

I would like to clarify this is automatic uploading that is affected. I can manually choose photos to upload, however, I then lose track of where I got to.

Paul H.95
New member | Level 1

Yes, I agree. I'm also on three and this is annoying.

David R.107
New member | Level 1

I am in the exact same situation. I am on three and expected by photos to upload as i went. I now have to find unfiltered wifi hotspots to upload. I have a back log of around 400 photos. I understand why it is turned off by default but i would like to be able to turn it back on.

Twazza
Explorer | Level 3

+1
With the end of roaming charges in the EU (http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-16-3111_en.htm) this will soon be affecting a lot more people.
I understand why it's the default, but it's crazy that the option isn't there.

Catrik
New member | Level 2
The probem is pretty much what Twazza said already. A lot of people do not have any roaming costs and/or have a phone that is bought abroad so they must use roaming even in their home country, and the fact that that makes is impossible to use Camera Uploads without WLAN is pretty silly.

AMHeijboer
New member | Level 2

We need this!!

Please update as soon as possible.

Or at least, give the right message, instead of saying that the network is too slow, while you're on 4G+.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AMHeijboer New member | Level 2
    Catrik New member | Level 2
    Twazza Explorer | Level 3
    David R.107 New member | Level 1
    Paul H.95 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?