cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poblem with Sync MacOS with my Company's Dropbox

Poblem with Sync MacOS with my Company's Dropbox

MariaRosariaGarbuglia
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I work in a new company and have access to the company's dropbox. I downloaded the desktop application on my MacOs and I would like to know how the synchronization works? because once I started the synchronization a folder called "my mac" was created in the company's dropbox and I don't want that the things of the my pc go to my company folder.  I paused the synchronization, the problem is that I can not find the files I need from my company. 

This is due to the fact that I have not completed the synchronization operation?

It is normal? scrivania.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Poblem with Sync MacOS with my Company's Dropbox

Daphne
Dropboxer
In your second screenshot, can you click the button under the selective sync section (sincronizzaaione selettiva) and see if the folder you need is checked there @MariaRosariaGarbuglia?

Only folders that are checked will sync down to your computer locally, so if it's not checked, you'll need to check the box.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @MariaRosariaGarbuglia, I hope you are having a nice Friday. Let's take a look! 

It sounds like you might have accidentally enabled the computer backup feature, which would sync your device's content to your Dropbox account.

If you want to disable the feature, here is how you can do this. 

As for the files you can not see syncing on the desktop app, I would suggest you unpause the app, and make sure it's up to date. 

Let me know how this goes!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MariaRosariaGarbuglia
Explorer | Level 3

Hey @Lori

Thank you very much i stopped the backup but i have the same problem even if i made the syncing.

Some of the folder from my new company are not available in my Dropbox and I don't know why. My colleague told me that i had to upload certain file in some folder, but I searched and there is no trace of the folders in my drobpox even though my company shared the file with me.

Do you have any idea why? 

Have a nice weekend. 

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to us here @MariaRosariaGarbuglia!

Just to confirm, are you not able to see the folder locally on your computer, or in your Dropbox account online?

If you check in your Share tab online here, are you able to see the folder that you need to upload the file into?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

MariaRosariaGarbuglia
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne, thanks to you for reaching out! 🙂

I'm not able to see the folder locally on my computer while I'm able to see the folders in my Dropbox account online.

Have you any suggestion regarding this problem with my computer? 

Thank you very much for the help.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for confirming @MariaRosariaGarbuglia!

In this case, can you let me know what the desktop app is currently showing in the sync status? You can see this by clicking the Dropbox icon in your menu bar.

Also, is the folder perhaps unchecked in the selective sync settings?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

MariaRosariaGarbuglia
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne 

this is what I see in my desktop app! Schermata 2021-03-10 alle 14.54.15.pngSchermata 2021-03-10 alle 14.55.30.png

Daphne
Dropboxer
In your second screenshot, can you click the button under the selective sync section (sincronizzaaione selettiva) and see if the folder you need is checked there @MariaRosariaGarbuglia?

Only folders that are checked will sync down to your computer locally, so if it's not checked, you'll need to check the box.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

MariaRosariaGarbuglia
Explorer | Level 3

@Daphne 

Thank you very much, now it works! 

I really appreciate how you helped me!

Thank you again!

Daphne
Dropboxer
I'm glad to hear that @MariaRosariaGarbuglia!

I'll be just a post away if you need anything else. 😀

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MariaRosariaGarbuglia Explorer | Level 3
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?