cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor search and poor scan quality

Poor search and poor scan quality

Ricky T.
Helpful | Level 6

I used the scan feature that is built into the drop box app and the scan quality is a joke.  Worthless compared to other apps.   And it is not my phone what so ever because other scanning apps work great.   

Also please tell me that Dropbox can search within images and PDFs.  The only one that is being indexed by the search is the joke of a scan that I did with the Android dropbox app.  All other scans do not come up at all.     

So basically poor scan quality and lacking search.  I thought that you can search files with the Pro version.    

,Ricky

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Poor search and poor scan quality

Mark
Super User II
I believe search is only available via the website.

You may be able to do it via http://m.dropbox.com though?

In terms of poor quality scans why not send some examples to Dropbox support via www.dropbox.com/support? You can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
You can only search files with Professional (not Plus) or an account which is either a Business one or linked to a Business one: https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/search-file-contents

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ricky T.
Helpful | Level 6
Thanks for your reply. I do have professional but silly me I didn't think about the fact that I transferred a large chunk of files from Google Drive to dropbox. Does anyone know how long it takes Dropbox to index files so they show up in search? And is this full doc search available in the Android app too?

Mark
Super User II
I believe search is only available via the website.

You may be able to do it via http://m.dropbox.com though?

In terms of poor quality scans why not send some examples to Dropbox support via www.dropbox.com/support? You can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

Maple
Dropboxer
Hi Ricky,

As Mark said, please attach your examples of poor scan quality (and the original images if you have them). You can attach them here or you can do it via our support channel.

Full text search should work in the mobile apps and I don't know how long it takes, but I do know sometimes they get delayed (especially if you imported a bunch of docs). I would wait a day and if they're still not indexed, I can look into it for you.

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

Ricky T.
Helpful | Level 6

Yes I'll definitely send some scans over so they're aware. Yea the site only mentions search by using the site. I'll give it even a few days and go from there.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ricky T. Helpful | Level 6
    Maple Dropboxer
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?