cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Print Screen doesn't save screenshots to dropbox anymore

Print Screen doesn't save screenshots to dropbox anymore

Thomas R.39
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I've used prtsc to capture my screenshots for like years now but for some reason dropbox doesn't recognize it anymore. The settings in dropbox are correct and its not a hardware problem b/c I can still press prtsc and then ctrl+v into paint.

37 Replies 37

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear it worked Silvia. Happy 2016!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Rudy P.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Happy 2016 for All!

To give some more update on this:

I tried all the above settings including the removal and re-install of OneDrive. Nothing helped. Dropbox still doesn't do screenshots anymore.

The strange thing is that the register keys the dropbox help section is referring to don't exist in my windows10 version... I scanned even for similar but nothing....

So in the end I gave up, I installed a small utility that does do the same (snipping tool) better and more conveniant. So sorry, end of story for me...

S J.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem. Except I don't even have OneDrive installed. And my dropbox install is relatively fresh (one week) and I haven't installed anything else since. I tried unchecking and checking the screenshots box. No improvement. Now what?

Dell PC Running Win7 Pro x64

michael m.145
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Mine stopped working just after OneDrive tried to steal the function. It was fixed by enabling onedrive and disabling dropbox, then reversing the progress as a few people have mentioned earlier in the thread. Upvoted the people that had the working suggestion.

Charity K.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

@George L. Thank you so much! Your fix worked for me too! I followed this method:

(1) Open Dropbox Preferences. Unchecked the box to save screenshots.

(2) Open OneDrive Settings. Checked the box to save screenshots.

(3) Tried to take a screenshot. Received notification that it was saved to OneDrive folder. 

(4) Open OneDrive Settings. Unchecked the box to save screenshots.

(5) Open Dropbox Preferences. Checked the box to save screenshots.

(6) Tried to take the same screenshot. Received notification that it was saved to Dropbox. THANK GOD (and thank you, George)

haryanto w.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

my comment just the same like the others, i simply enable ><br>Thank you @George L.</p>

Dave M.56
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I tried all those solutions and still didn't work. Then I clicked "exit Dropbox" then restarted it and it worked!

Billy B.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I tried PrntScr on some of my control panel details and its not working, HOWEVER, Crtl+PrntSrc works!

Jennifer T.22
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I found my fix before finding this thread. I recently downloaded One Drive, as I recently had my hard drive replaced and am still trying to remember what all I had. I don't use One Drive too often, but I have stuff on it. Just today I tried to do a screenshot that I needed to upload, but it tried to go to One Drive. I said no, but it never saved to Dropbox... So my first instinct was to remove dropbox and try again, assuming that One Drive screwed something up. 

Sure enough, that alone worked for me. I made sure that the setting for screen shots was still unchecked for One Drive, and when Dropbox was downloaded to the laptop again, I hit prt sc on the keyboard and the pop up for Dropbox came up letting me know that I could save screen shots there. Perfect! 

I found this thread while dropbox was downloading, and I figured if the dropbox download didn't work I could try checking and unchecking in each setting as described above. 

I'm running Win 10 with the latest updates (as of 5/18/16).

Rosemberg R.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

@Jennifer T. - Same thing here.

@Rich R. - Thanks!

Need more support?