cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with syncing all Dropbox folders to new NAS

Problem with syncing all Dropbox folders to new NAS

mfeher1971
New member | Level 2

Greetings,

I just bought and am setting up a brand-new WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS, and was able to install the Dropbox app on the device.  I set all of my sync parameters appropriately, as I would like to (at least to try it once) download all my Dropbox content and sync it with my Dropbox account*.  In the admin dashboard for the WD device, I was able to start syncing, and it...seems?...like it's syncing, but it only syncs one of my folders, despite having Selective Sync turned on and all of my Dropbox folders checked.  It's been almost 24 hours since I started the sync and I only have about ~ 4 GB worth of stuff to sync, so I don't know why it appears to have stopped at/during the first folder, or what's going on.  WD says that all tech support questions about the provided/available apps should be directed to the 3rd-party vendors, so here am I.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

*To be clear, I am not trying to switch where my Dropbox account is, nor am I planning on getting rid of Dropbox.  It says I have the ability to sync with Dropbox, so I want to test that and see it work.

Regards,
Mike

1 Reply 1

Re: Problem with syncing all Dropbox folders to new NAS

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @mfeher1971; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

I'm not exactly sure where the problem lies; could you send us a screenshot of what you see and another one showing the desktop app's exact status in your menu bar/system tray?

That will help us assist further, Mike. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?