cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SSO after work email change

Highlighted

Problems with SSO after work email change

New member | Level 2

Hello,

My work email address recently changed, and as access to my work Dropbox account was via SSO I can now no longer access that Dropbox account. When trying to login, I receive the following message:

"Please sign in with the email you used with your identity provider"

I assume this is because Dropbox doesn't recognise the new email address through the SSO login. But I can't login with that email address any other way - when I input it the password box automatically disappears and I can only login via SSO, which fails. Is there a solution to this so that I can recover my business account for my previous email address?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Problems with SSO after work email change

New member | Level 2

As an update to this - I just spoke to the Dropbox admin for my organisation and they updated the email address for my account, so this problem is now solved. I suppose it's worth others being aware this is the solution I found!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi there @lupins; welcome aboard and sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing your account. 

Could you try logging into the account in question through an other browser and let me know if you get the same results?

In case you do, I'd appreciate a screenshot of the last screen you can get to or any errors you receive so I can advise further. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

As an update to this - I just spoke to the Dropbox admin for my organisation and they updated the email address for my account, so this problem is now solved. I suppose it's worth others being aware this is the solution I found!

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?