cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile-Access doesn't work anymore on windows (Opera // Firefox)

Profile-Access doesn't work anymore on windows (Opera // Firefox)

Maeg1978
Explorer | Level 4

Hi together,

most recently I can't access my profile-settings and any other menue on my windows-platform with Opera and Firefox.I tried on two different Windows 10 PCs, same result. It works with Microsoft Edge. The buttons simply don't work. It works perfectly fine on mac. Does anyone experience same problems? Any hints for solution?

Many thanx in advance,

Maeg1978 

9 Replies 9

Re: Profile-Access doesn't work anymore on windows (Opera // Firefox)

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Maeg1978, thanks for contacting us!

Are you referring to accessing the Dropbox site directly to change settings on your account?

Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? Otherwise, you can try using incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely. 

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Maeg1978
Explorer | Level 4

Incognito does'nt work, also didn't deleting browser history and files etc help.

Switching to EDGE-Browser on same PC works, but it's just a temporarily solution for me.

Any further suggestions?

Jay
Dropboxer
Just to clarify, are you referring to accessing the settings page on your Dropbox account?

Are you running the latest version of Firefox? Is the Chrome browser not working when loading the site? What exactly are you experiencing on the site?

Opera might not work entirely with the Dropbox site, as it isn't on the list of requirements here.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Maeg1978
Explorer | Level 4

Accessing Profile via Button labeled "MM" not possibleAccessing Profile via Button labeled "MM" not possibleIt's not possible to access the menu via the profile-button labled "MM". I've tried the latest version of opera an firefox on two different windows-PCs, both windows 10. Problem occured somewhere around january 15th. It worked perfect before that with opera and firefox.

The Icon's Create and Upload don't work on Firefox. There are no menues and no sign-out-menue

Shepherd1
New member | Level 2

Dear Community,

I always work with Dropbox on three different locations (computers) with my personal account. On two of them the menues of the Create and Upload Buttons don't open. I can't even log out since the menue of my personal account button does not work. So I have always to switch off and close the browser  completely to terminate the programme. I can't do nothing on the devices. I have the latest version of Firefox and Windows 10. Perhaps there are different settings in Firefox which I don't know (since on one computer it works) or there is a serious problem with Dropbox.

Can you help me? Best regards, Shepherd1

Maeg1978
Explorer | Level 4

...still unsolved...

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks, @Maeg1978, I've sent you a ticket to the email on your profile. Please could you reply to it as soon as possible!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Maeg1978
Explorer | Level 4

So Jay, what are next steps?

Jay
Dropboxer
As of yet, @Maeg1978, I haven't received a reply to my email I sent you. Please could you reply to it immediately, so we can continue this from there on.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?