cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE - Can see folders on my old personal drop and my business online - Don't see them on local app

Highlighted

RE - Can see folders on my old personal drop and my business online - Don't see them on local app

Explorer | Level 3

Hello all - I can see folders on my old personal drop and my business when I look online on safari - Don't see all of the folders from old and new accounts on my local app on my computer? 

Any ideas how to make sure they are all downloaded to my local dropbox app on my computer?

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: RE - Can see folders on my old personal drop and my business online - Don't see them on local a

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @Loweyluvz, thanks for checking in with us!

When you don't see all your content in your Dropbox folder, the first step to take is to check if syncing status of the desktop app by hovering over your Dropbox icon. 

If you find that it reads:

• Up to date, check your selective sync settings to see if the folders you don't see locally are chosen to not sync. 
  • Syncing, it means that the desktop app has not completed its process. 

If the desktop app shows an error or you're still not able to locate your content, don't hesitate to get back to me with what you found so far.

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: RE - Can see folders on my old personal drop and my business online - Don't see them on local a

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @Loweyluvz, thanks for checking in with us!

When you don't see all your content in your Dropbox folder, the first step to take is to check if syncing status of the desktop app by hovering over your Dropbox icon. 

If you find that it reads:

• Up to date, check your selective sync settings to see if the folders you don't see locally are chosen to not sync. 
  • Syncing, it means that the desktop app has not completed its process. 

If the desktop app shows an error or you're still not able to locate your content, don't hesitate to get back to me with what you found so far.

Keep me posted!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Lusil:

Thanks so much. That was it. I appreciate - gonna really help to make this process faster of organizing dropbox.

Thanks so much.

J

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Glad I could help, @Loweyluvz

If you have any other questions, just give me a nudge. Have a wonderful week ahead!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?