Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RE: dropobox for desktop on RDC

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am currently experiencing issues with my Windows RDC downloading the dropbox for desktop app. Currently the situation exists where i donwload and try to run the installer, i get  a blue wheel on the startup window then it goes black. What perplexes me is that i was previously usuing this setup on another one of my companies RDC servers and everything worked fine. Please advise what the appropriate fix might be.

FYI: I switched servers, i checked permissions and there are no known local firewall issues, DB has full access permission.

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: RE: dropobox for desktop on RDC

Super User II
Super User II
Are you trying to install it on to a server (note that Servers are not technically supported - https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/system-requirements)?

If so have you tried to 'run as' and then using Windows 8 or 10?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Re: RE: dropobox for desktop on RDC

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Also I have unsuccesfully tried to use Dropbox in a RDC running on Windows Server 2016. Well, I have found a trick, install dropbox in your RDC client computer, then, share your local drive in which the dropbox folder resides using the "local resources" tab on your RDC client. Connecto to your Remote Desktop. Now you can edit, copy, create, (etc..) files which reside in the dropbox folder of the previously shared drive, which will be syncronized by the Dropbox client installed on the RDC client computer.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?