cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Downloading a file from drop box onto my computer

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am new to Dropbox.  I have been sent a link in an email and I clicked on it and now can see a file in a web browser.  I want to make it more accessible.  I have windows 10 and I want the dropbox folder and contents to appear in my file explorer along with all my c drive items.  I don't want to keep logging into my browser.

I am very non-technical.  Is there a simple way to see these files ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey PennyBienz, welcome to Dropbox & the Dropbox Community! 

Good news is that you don’t need to be technical to use the app & you can see your files on your desktop, using the desktop client. 

For starters, as you’d prefer to have your files available on your computer, I’d like to ask you to go to: 

download & run the installation file there.

Afterwards, you shall let the app sync & you’ll be good to go, any files that you saved online will automatically get down to your pc. 

Of course, I’m here as well in case you have more queries, just let me know in your reply. 
Wishing you a great rest of the day!

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey PennyBienz, welcome to Dropbox & the Dropbox Community! 

Good news is that you don’t need to be technical to use the app & you can see your files on your desktop, using the desktop client. 

For starters, as you’d prefer to have your files available on your computer, I’d like to ask you to go to: 

download & run the installation file there.

Afterwards, you shall let the app sync & you’ll be good to go, any files that you saved online will automatically get down to your pc. 

Of course, I’m here as well in case you have more queries, just let me know in your reply. 
Wishing you a great rest of the day!

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?