cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Offline Files- Can you help me locate the "Use Cellular Data" option on my iOS device?

Re: Offline Files- Can you help me locate the "Use Cellular Data" option on my iOS device?

Collaborator | Level 8

iOS 12.1.4

When I refrersh my offline files I get a warning message but I cannot find Offline Files in settings so I can disable the alert.

IMG_3498.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: iOS Settings Question

Dropboxer
Hey Pete (@Pete G.3), that was fast indeed! 

Let me briefly mention (as others may have the same question in the future) that if changes made to your Offline files are greater than 20 MB, you can decide whether you’d like to wait for WiFi or sync them anyway. If you'd like folders to update using data (when you're not connected to WiFi),  you can go to your Account tab :bust in silhouette::right arrow:  (top-left) & you’ll see the Use Cellular Data option there (which you can toggle to On)

In any event, I appreciate it that you posted us your question on our Forum Pete; don’t hesitate to let us know of any additional questions or thoughts you may have in the future & it’ll be a pleasure to follow-up. Happy Dropboxing until then! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Collaborator | Level 8

OK I figured it out.

Dropboxer
Hey Pete (@Pete G.3), that was fast indeed! 

Let me briefly mention (as others may have the same question in the future) that if changes made to your Offline files are greater than 20 MB, you can decide whether you’d like to wait for WiFi or sync them anyway. If you'd like folders to update using data (when you're not connected to WiFi),  you can go to your Account tab :bust in silhouette::right arrow:  (top-left) & you’ll see the Use Cellular Data option there (which you can toggle to On)

In any event, I appreciate it that you posted us your question on our Forum Pete; don’t hesitate to let us know of any additional questions or thoughts you may have in the future & it’ll be a pleasure to follow-up. Happy Dropboxing until then! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?