cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Hardware/Desktop Scanners for use with Dropbox OCR/Text Search

Recommended Hardware/Desktop Scanners for use with Dropbox OCR/Text Search

timh5
New member | Level 2

Is there any comprehensive list or recomendation for which desktop hardware document scanner would work with Dropbox?

ie. I want a standalone product that will auto-upload to dropbox and be ready for OCR Full text search.

Dropboxes official response to this question was - "Go ask our forum" .... 

Searching this forum for scanner, hardware scanner and desktop scanner seem to only pull up things related to the built in "doc scan" feature in the app.

2 Replies 2

Re: Recommended Hardware/Desktop Scanners for use with Dropbox OCR/Text Search

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @timh5, thanks for reaching out!

While there aren't any apps I could suggest from my side, your thread will remain open here for others to give some suggestions on this.

If you need anything else in the meantime, don't hesitate to give me a shout. Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Recommended Hardware/Desktop Scanners for use with Dropbox OCR/Text Search

mrsean2k
New member | Level 2

@timh5 when you say "auto-upload to dropbox" can you expand on what you mean by that?

If you scan and the destination directory for your scanned document is synched to Dropbox, that should cover it, albeit you would then have to manually move the document where you wanted it in the folder structure.

Are you after something more structure / automated than that?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mrsean2k New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?