cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconnecting device

Reconnecting device

Simo83
Explorer | Level 4

Hi everyone,

I need to reconnect a device.

Now desktop application is in "Connetion in progress..." and if I select Preferences --> Account there is a message: This computer in not connected to any account.

S.O. Windows 10

Dropbox version: 111.4.472

Thanks in advance

Simone

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Reconnecting device

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Simo83, thanks for joining the Community!

It sounds like the connection process hasn't completed, since the application is still showing the 'Connection in progress' message.

There is a possibility that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

Could you try checking and disabling these items temporarily to see if they help? Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Simo83, thanks for joining the Community!

It sounds like the connection process hasn't completed, since the application is still showing the 'Connection in progress' message.

There is a possibility that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

Could you try checking and disabling these items temporarily to see if they help? Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Simo83
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

now it works, I have had to disable proxy on port 8080.

Dropbox has always worked with proxy enabled, maybe proxy blocked the authentication process.

Thanks for yout help

Simone

Jay
Dropboxer

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get the app to connect successfully, @Simo83!

If you need any further assistance, please let me know. Enjoy your week!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?