cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery of a vedio call via meet.jit.si

Highlighted

Recovery of a vedio call via meet.jit.si

Helpful | Level 6

Hello, We just had a very important video conference, which was ran by meet.jit.si. The downloaded recordings are set out to be saved in Dropbox. We did press the recording button for this very call, but it turned out that Dropbox has a certain capacity which was not enough for this quite long video call to be saved in.
 This video call is very important for us for many reasons.
Is there any possible way to get access to this video now? (If we need to make any payments for this to happen, we are willing to do that as well.)
 The call lasted from 17:30 to 20 (in Tehran time).
 This is the address of the video call: [link removed as per Community Guidelines] And it was connected to Dropbox via this address: [email removed]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Recovery of a vedio call via meet.jit.si

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @Amineh Sh, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

There are a few other threads around the Community here, where others have found that if the Dropbox account was full then freeing up some space in the Dropbox account allowed to recording to be uploaded.

You can either free up some space by removing some shared folders from your account, for example, or even upgrading your account.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @Amineh Sh, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

There are a few other threads around the Community here, where others have found that if the Dropbox account was full then freeing up some space in the Dropbox account allowed to recording to be uploaded.

You can either free up some space by removing some shared folders from your account, for example, or even upgrading your account.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you very much for your answer.

We freed up 5 GB of space, which seems to be more than enough for this 2 and a half hour video to be downloaded. It hasn’t worked yet, but we are checking on and on again.

For how long can we keep having hope for this video to be uploaded? (It has been about 24 hours till now.)

We work in a news station, and this video call is very important to us and more importantly to the people of our country. The recording was on during the whole time of the conference, and when we stopped it, everything was still ok and we didn't get any error messages.

Thank you

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

If it isn't showing up on our website, then, I'm afraid it never made it to our servers @Amineh Sh.

Let us know if you have any more questions and have a lovely weekend ahead! 

Walter

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you for all the information.

It would be great if we could be aware of any other possible offers that are on the table. It's been about 4 days now, and we just can't give up on this video so easily.

We are also trying to get in touch with the Jitsi organization. Is it possible that their servers have got something that yours didn't? Could any cooperation between you and them, by any chance, help the process of recovering this video? (If so, we are willing to pay for it as well.)

Thank you

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?