cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce white space/padding between files/folders in List view on Dropbox.com (Browser)?

Reduce white space/padding between files/folders in List view on Dropbox.com (Browser)?

buddyboy101
Helpful | Level 7

Is it possible to decrease padding/white space between files/folders in Dropbox.com?  I like a more compact view than the current "List" default view, so I can see more without having to scroll

If not, it would be nice if there were an option to make the List view more compact - similar to how Gmail has the "Display Density" setting.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Reduce white space/padding between files/folders in List view on Dropbox.com (Browser)?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @buddyboy101 - how are you today?

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. 

In all honesty though, I understand how this could improve our current sorting options and I will log this with our team as feature request - thank you for your valuable feedback!

In the meantime, I guess you could utilize the zooming options of your browser -- even though it's not optimal (I know). 

If there's anything else you'd like to add, do let me know please.

Cheers!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Re: Reduce white space/padding between files/folders in List view on Dropbox.com (Browser)?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @buddyboy101 - how are you today?

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. 

In all honesty though, I understand how this could improve our current sorting options and I will log this with our team as feature request - thank you for your valuable feedback!

In the meantime, I guess you could utilize the zooming options of your browser -- even though it's not optimal (I know). 

If there's anything else you'd like to add, do let me know please.

Cheers!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

buddyboy101
Helpful | Level 7

Thanks as always, @Walter!  I appreciate your response that way I don't spend anymore time looking for a setting that does not (yet!) exist 🙂

Arjan1
New member | Level 2

It would be really great if this would be implemented. This would make it soo much more usable, especially if you use it a lot with Office Online.

juliakimj
New member | Level 2

I would also like this feature.  Too much scrolling!

Tec1do
New member | Level 2

Me too. I would like get the same feature. It's getting boring when you scroll 50 to 100 Files going back and forth the directories and start back on top of the List of Files

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?