cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Canon scanning issue when the default folder is in the Dropbox

Regarding Canon scanning issue when the default folder is in the Dropbox

v1jain
Explorer | Level 3

I have my Canon scanner default folder in the Dropbox and it has been working fine like this for years. Suddenly I now get an error whenever I try to scan something. This error does not come if I move the default folder outside of Dropbox. Please help. Thank you.Error.jpg

3 Replies 3

Re: Regarding Canon scanning issue when the default folder is in the Dropbox

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @v1jain, thanks for posting today!

This doesn't appear to be an error message from the Dropbox desktop application. 

I'd recommend getting in contact with the Canon support team to see why you're getting this error from their app, as they might have more information related to it. 

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

v1jain
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you @Jay. However, I posted the message here after several trials. Besides, the error is reproducible (after moving the default folder back into the Dropbox).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Best,

Vikas

Jay
Dropboxer
There isn't any troubleshooting I could suggest, since the Dropbox desktop application seems to be working normally from what you're describing.

You could try reinstalling the Canon app, but aside from that, I wouldn't be able to help any further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    v1jain Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?