cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Reinstall Dropbox app but no dropbox folder created

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Original issue - I had a problem where User2 was unable to see files User1 had shared using Windows Explorer, but could see them in Dropbox.com via a browser.  I decided to uninstall/reinstall Dropbox on User2's laptop, but ran into another problem....

Current issue that I am seeking help on now - To help User2 I did the following

- backed up their files and removed 

- uninstalled the Dropbox software on their Windows 7 laptop from Control Panel / Programs and Features

- reinstalled it from www.dropbox.com - it downloaded the installer apparently correctly and then installed the program (again, apparently).  It shows in Control Panel / Programs and Features as installed today, version 38.4.27

However, the Dropbox folder was not created in the Windows directory structure on the C:\ drive in the install process User2 is only using about 10% of their available hard drive.

Question - Now I have reinstalled Dropbox on the Win7 laptop for User2, how do I get the Dropbox folder created in such a way that it is recognised by the Dropbox software installed?  I have tried selecting the Dropbox from the Start Menu nothing runs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Reinstall Dropbox app but no dropbox folder created

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Jeremy P.10, welcome to our community! 

Are you still experiencing this issue with the missing Dropbox folder? If so…

When you installed our app, are you certain that it completed? Were you prompted to sign in to Dropbox at the end of the installation? If not, then I would suggest giving it another try: uninstall, restart, disable any anti-virus/security software, and then install using the offline installer

Once our app is installed, you will see a small Dropbox icon in your system tray. When you click on this icon, you'll see a small window pop up, from which you can click on the small folder icon to open your locally-installed Dropbox folder. 

I hope this makes sense, and I hope it works. Let me know when you can. 
Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Jeremy P.10, welcome to our community! 

Are you still experiencing this issue with the missing Dropbox folder? If so…

When you installed our app, are you certain that it completed? Were you prompted to sign in to Dropbox at the end of the installation? If not, then I would suggest giving it another try: uninstall, restart, disable any anti-virus/security software, and then install using the offline installer

Once our app is installed, you will see a small Dropbox icon in your system tray. When you click on this icon, you'll see a small window pop up, from which you can click on the small folder icon to open your locally-installed Dropbox folder. 

I hope this makes sense, and I hope it works. Let me know when you can. 
Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

Sanchez

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Jeremy P.10, it’s been a while, so I assume all is taken care of now

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you!

Sanchez

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?