cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall computer data

Reinstall computer data

dhanyc
Explorer | Level 3

I have to erase and reinstall my computer. It will be reinstalling my Dropbox but with older data. Once I go on line will it update the data from the server or will it try to update the server with the older data on the computer.? If the latter how can I make sure the Dropbox on my computer is updated from the server? thanks

1 Reply 1

Re: Reinstall computer data

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@dhanyc wrote:
... Once I go on line will it update the data from the server or will it try to update the server with the older data on the computer.? ...

Hi @dhanyc,

It's difficult be predicted. It depends on many other things, like how local data are backed up and so on. Better, don't assume anything.

@dhanyc wrote:
... how can I make sure the Dropbox on my computer is updated from the server? ...

May be not the perfect choice, but as most guaranteed way, just delete everything (both the application and your data). On install from zero, your application gonna take everything as stored in your account on the server - guaranteed. 😉 Just take care not to lose something changed recently local that is not in sync yet! Take in mind that big amount of data download can take long.

Hope this helps.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?