cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relinking Splashid and Dropbox

Relinking Splashid and Dropbox

clington
Explorer | Level 3

I used to have my IOS password app called SPLASHID SAFE (www.splashid.com) linked to my DROPBOX so SPLASHID could export backup files to my dropbox. But I accidentally went into DROPBOX website and REMOVED SPLASHID as a CONNECTED APP (SETTING/CONNECTED APPS/VIEW DROPBOX CONTENT ). Since then I have NOT been able to reconnect the two apps. 

Now when i tried to do backup, SPLASHID throws up a error message connecting to dropbox and doesn't re-ask me for my dropbox username/password.  I've tried everything in SPLASHID and SPLASHID support has looked into the issue and says issue is not on their side.

Is there anyway I could reset my dropbox? Or remove any old integration between SplashID and DROPBOX so i can relink again?

7 Replies 7

Re: Relinking Splashid and Dropbox

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @clington, thanks for reaching out!

Just to clarify, do you see this app still connected at all within the connected apps page in your account settings?

If you do, you should be able to click on the item to bring up the available options, and then choose "Disconnect".

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

clington
Explorer | Level 3

hi, splashid was previously in connected apps page but I accidentally removed it - so it's NO longer on the connected apps page.

I am trying to add it back but no matter what i do on splashid side, they cannot seem to re-link. And SplashID technical support can't seem to find the issue as well.

I'm wondering if there's some backend setting on dropbox side you can re-set for me? to remove/reset splashid - so i can add it back.

thanks

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @clington; how are you today?

Even though we wouldn't be able to do this for you -even on the back-end- we'll be happy to look into this for you.

To do so, can you please let me know if you can find this 3rd party app listed in the App Center which lists most of the apps you can connect to your account? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

clington
Explorer | Level 3

hi, the app is called www.splashid.com - and no, unfortunately, it's NOT in the dropbox app centre.

Walter
Dropboxer

In that case, you may want to reach out to the developers of this app and ask for more guidance on this as it would be them using our APIs to connect their application to Dropbox.

I'll also ask around and let you know if I have any more updates from the team. 

I hope this helps to some extent @clington.

PS: In the meantime, you may want to consider using Dropbox Passwords which is available to users on Plus, Professional, and Family plans at this time. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

clington
Explorer | Level 3

hi, i started asking the app developers if there's anything their end and they said there is not. And they suggested i reach out to dropbox to see if there's something you can reset on your end. So i'm now stuck with both of you saying it's not somehting on your side. Hmmmm....are you able to see if dropbox is rejecting an api call initiated by splashid using my email?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @clington, thanks for the additional information. 

I've sent you a ticket so that we can have a more in-depth look into this.

When you have the chance, check your inbox and we'll go from there. 

Thanks again!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    clington Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?