cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Dropbox from a Virtual Machine, while sharing Dropbox on host.

Remove Dropbox from a Virtual Machine, while sharing Dropbox on host.

jl45
Explorer | Level 3

Using a virtual Parrells windows 10 machine on a Macbook  Pro and do not need Dropbox on both as I access Dropbox through a shared folder on the Macbook. I would like to remove the dropbox folder from the Virtual windows 10 machine but it persists. I have unlinked it and deleted but Dropbox is still there. Any suggestions.

3 Replies 3

Re: Remove Dropbox from a Virtual Machine, while sharing Dropbox on host.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @jl45, thanks for checking in with us!

At first, please bear in mind that when uninstalling the desktop app, the Dropbox folder continues to exist on your computer, it just stops syncing and becomes a simple folder. 

For this reason, could you please check if the Dropbox desktop app is still listed sa one of the apps installed on your computer? 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jl45
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I have checked the bootcamp Drive and Dropbox is still listed under applications.  I have unlinked it from my account.  So is the solution now to uninstall the Dropbox app from the virtual machine and delete all the files?  Thus I would only have all my Dropbox files on the host, MacBook Pro, and accessible to my virtual machine. Is that correct.

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

:grinning::grin: Hi @jl45,

Of course! If you haven't done this yet, why you're surprised the application is still there?! As you mentioned, sync will be need only on the real host. Anyone application (including Dropbox) will stay on machine where installed (either real or virtual) till gets uninstall. :wink:

Hope this helps.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?