cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing DB from laptop

Removing DB from laptop

newbie50
New member | Level 2

Hi, newbie question: I use dropbox mainly on my desktop computer but it stores everything on my laptop too and has used up most of the storage on the laptop therefore. I don't need DB on my laptop but if out and about and need to access shots then I would need to be able to access the DB site to download shots. How can I remove DB from laptop but still access it from laptop should I need to?

thank you 

3 Replies 3

Re: Removing DB from laptop

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey @newbie50, I'd be happy to answer this for you.

What if I told you that you can achieve to have your content synced to your hard drive, however it would take up zero space? 

You can achieve this with Smart Sync.

However, you'd need to be using any paid plan in order for you to have this feature. You can check more on your account's subscription here.

Give me a nudge if you have any other questions.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

newbie50
New member | Level 2

thank you Lori,

I do have a paid plan at the moment. Is it possible however to only have DB on my desktop but to be able to access images on the go, should I need to, from the laptop by logging into the DB site? many thanks 

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @newbie50, thanks for replying back!

Sure you can.

You can continue using Dropbox from your desktop, and remove the Dropbox app from your laptop by using these steps.

After this, you can access your files through the Website. 

Give me a nudge if you have any other questions!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    newbie50 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?