cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing home email dropbox from office network and installing work email dropbox to office network

Removing home email dropbox from office network and installing work email dropbox to office network

4Pete
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve what I described above in the subject line but I woke up this morning to the error message shown below. Anyone  got suggestions ?   Thank you

4Pete_0-1615488508799.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Removing home email dropbox from office network and installing work email dropbox to office n...

4Pete
Helpful | Level 6

Hey @Walter :

Your ideas were helpful and just to let you know that my situation is resolved.  My old 'gmail' account is 'no longer connected' and my 'office email' account is installed, up and operating on my office desktop computer.

Thanks again for your help ~

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Re: Removing home email dropbox from office network and installing work email dropbox to office n...

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @4Pete; thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

So that we can have a better look into this, could you send us the full error log from the txt file linked in your error message?

When it comes to your initial concern, did you unlink the account you wanted to remove from your office's network through the app's preferences?

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

4Pete
Helpful | Level 6

Hi and thanks for responding.

In terms of 'unlinking' the personal email dropbox account I'm not sure if I achieved that. I've followed the link you provided to the ' 

How to change desktop app preferences ' section of the website but I don't see any instruction there on how to ' unlink ' dropbox account from a network. 

The rest of the ' full error log text' message that you asked for is shown as follows:

bn.BUILD_KEY: Dropbox
bn.VERSION: 117.4.378
bn.constants.WINDOWS_SHELL_EXT_VERSION: 47
bn.is_frozen: True
machine_id: 05900910-d9eb-4140-8faf-db57cc4afa50
pid: 3212
cwd: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client'
real_path='C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client'
mode=0o40777 uid=0 gid=0
parent mode=0o40777 uid=0 gid=0
HOME: None
appdata: 'C:\\Users\\Pwhiteley\\AppData\\Local\\Dropbox\\instance1'
real_path='C:\\Users\\Pwhiteley\\AppData\\Local\\Dropbox\\instance1'
mode=0o40777 uid=0 gid=0
dropbox_path: 'C:\\Users\\Pwhiteley\\Dropbox'
real_path='C:\\Users\\Pwhiteley\\Dropbox'
mode=0o40555 uid=0 gid=0
sys_executable: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\Dropbox.exe'
real_path='C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\Dropbox.exe'
mode=0o100777 uid=0 gid=0
trace.__file__: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\117.4.378\\python-packages.zip\\dropbox\\client\\ui\\common\\boot_error.pyc'
real_path='C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\117.4.378\\python-packages.zip\\dropbox\\client\\ui\\common\\boot_error.pyc'
not found
parent not found
TMP: C:\Users\PWHITE~1\AppData\Local\Temp
TEMP: C:\Users\PWHITE~1\AppData\Local\Temp
tempdir: 'C:\\Users\\PWHITE~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp'
real_path='C:\\Users\\Pwhiteley\\AppData\\Local\\Temp'
mode=0o40777 uid=0 gid=0
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "dropbox\client\main.pyc", line 2268, in startup_high
File "dropbox\client\main.pyc", line 5273, in _init_app_model
File "dropbox\foundation\navigation_service\factory.pyc", line 41, in create
File "dropbox\foundation\raii2\_shared_impl\base.pyc", line 402, in __call__
File "dropbox\foundation\raii2\_shared_impl\base.pyc", line 551, in wrapper
File "dropbox\foundation\navigation_service\navigation_service_impl.pyc", line 316, in __init__
File "dropbox\foundation\html_views\local\common\manager.pyc", line 1281, in __init__
File "dropbox\foundation\html_views\local\common\manager.pyc", line 374, in __init__
File "dropbox\foundation\html_views\local\common\scheme_handlers.pyc", line 88, in create
File "dropbox\foundation\html_views\local\common\scheme_handlers.pyc", line 142, in __init__
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\117.4.378\\resources\\local_views.zip'

Thank you for your help

4Pete
Helpful | Level 6

PS. To try and be a little more clear.  I don't believe that my office email account is a 'Dropbox' business account. I believe that it's just a basic Dropbox account that was set up using my office email.

I also don't believe that the two accounts are or were 'linked'.

I also think that I may have misunderstood how my personal email dropbox account is set up at my office. I assumed and wrote above that it was attached to our Company network. But that may not be the case. It may just be on my office desktop computer as a standalone program, but not attached to the company network.

Hope this helps

4Pete
Helpful | Level 6

Hey @Walter :

Your ideas were helpful and just to let you know that my situation is resolved.  My old 'gmail' account is 'no longer connected' and my 'office email' account is installed, up and operating on my office desktop computer.

Thanks again for your help ~

View solution in original post

Walter
Dropboxer
Glad to hear it's sorted now @4Pete.

Take care and see you around the Community! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?