cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace computer but still want to use the old harddrive on enclosure.

Replace computer but still want to use the old harddrive on enclosure.

alvarolaw
Explorer | Level 3

I purchased a new computer.  I pulled the old harddrive from my computer.  I using an enclosure drive with the old harddrive.  I want Dropbox to use files on enclosd drive.  Can that be done?

Al Martinez

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Replace computer but still want to use the old harddrive on enclosure.

Nate_C
Super User

Hello,

You can set Dropbox to sync to a different hard drive on your computer. Take a look at this help page for details. In case you plan to have the old hard drive as a removable external drive, note that it is recommended to not place your Dropbox folder on a removable drive.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Replace computer but still want to use the old harddrive on enclosure.

Nate_C
Super User

Hello,

You can set Dropbox to sync to a different hard drive on your computer. Take a look at this help page for details. In case you plan to have the old hard drive as a removable external drive, note that it is recommended to not place your Dropbox folder on a removable drive.

View solution in original post

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?