cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required to share files when posting

Required to share files when posting

Haserv
New member | Level 2

Since last update, when saving a photo or other file to Dropbox on my iPhone I get a screen that requires me to select a “to” before the option to “post” becomes enabled.  Nearest I can figure this is making me share every file I want to post to my Dropbox. The whole modal with the fields:
- Message (optional)
- Save to
- To
is a new (and for me irritating) workflow. Any way to avoid this requirement?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Required to share files when posting

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey there (@Haserv), while your report makes me think that this thread might address your concern, I wasn’t able to re-create the behavior on my end. I’d appreciate it if you could include a step-by-step description of what led you to the sharing modal you’re mentioning, as well as a screenshot of what you’re seeing (omitting personal info).

Once I have these details, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth. Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting to gather this info for me & I’ll be awaiting your next message on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey there (@Haserv), while your report makes me think that this thread might address your concern, I wasn’t able to re-create the behavior on my end. I’d appreciate it if you could include a step-by-step description of what led you to the sharing modal you’re mentioning, as well as a screenshot of what you’re seeing (omitting personal info).

Once I have these details, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth. Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting to gather this info for me & I’ll be awaiting your next message on this discussion! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Haserv
New member | Level 2
The suggested thread does answer the question. Thank you.

Jane
Dropboxer

Perfect (@Haserv), happy Dropboxing & have a lovely rest of your day ahead! 😊

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    Haserv New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?